DocuSign – Help with Signing
eSignature is First National Bank Bemidji’s solution for easily, efficiently and securely obtaining electronic signatures on eligible First National Bank Bemidji (FNBB) forms while ensuring the identity of the signing parties. FNBB has partnered with DocuSign to provide this safe and secure online document-management service.
In addition, the following guide is available to walk you through the signing process.
eSignature: Signing Documents
To begin the process of electronically signing documents, you’ll need access to your email. You will also receive an access code via a text message to your mobile phone or from an automated phone call to the phone number you provide FNBB.
Note: Text and data charges may apply depending on your carrier and plan.
You can view and electronically sign documents from mobile devices and computers. Multiple browsers are supported including Internet Explorer® 11.0 or above, Windows Edge, Mozilla®, Firefox®, Safari™, Google Chrome®. Supported mobile applications are Apple iOS® 8.0 and above, Windows 10 and Windows Phone 8.1.
On a computer, electronic signing is available for multiple Windows operating systems including Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Mac operating systems. To use a computer for electronic signature, you must have a broadband Internet connection. Electronic document signing might not work correctly if you are using a dial-up connection.
Step 1- Receive Email Notification and Send Text Message
First, you will receive an email from your FNBB representative alerting you that a document is awaiting your signature.
In the email, click Review Document to launch a browser window.
In order to view the document, you need to enter an access code that you will receive on your mobile phone via text message or from an automated phone call to the phone number you provided to the FNBB representative.
- Verify that the phone number shown for you is correct. If not, contact the FNBB representative.
- With your phone number verified, click Send SMS to send a text message to the phone number listed. Click Send Code if you elected to receive the access code via Voice Authentication.
Step 2- View Text Message
On your mobile phone, view the text message and retrieve the access code from the body of the text message.
Important: Do not share your access code. This code prevents unauthorized access to documents being presented for eSignature and is also used to identify you as an authorized signer of the document.
Step 3- Enter the Access Code
Return to the browser window and enter the access code provided in the text message. Click Confirm Code to complete authentication. You have three attempts to enter the access code correctly.
Step 4- Review and Sign Documents
In the browser window, you now have the opportunity to accept any disclosure(s) that may be required, view each page of the document and electronically sign:
- You will be required to review and accept any disclosure(s) that may be required with your document.
- Your acceptance of the disclosure(s) will activate another email with the documents.
- If there are no required disclosure(s) the document will be the first thing you see when you click on Review Document.
- The Other Actions available are:
- Click Decline to Sign to decline signing the document. You will be asked to provide a message that will notify your FNBB representative why you have declined to sign.
- Click Finish Later if you are not ready to sign the document. You can return to the document later by using the link in the email notification.
- Click Continue and then Start to begin the signing process. Review the content of your document. You will be guided through the process with yellow arrows instructing you on the action to take throughout the document.
- Note: You won’t be able to add, delete or modify any of the document content. If you discover missing or inaccurate information, click the Other Actions button in the upper right-hand corner and select Decline to Sign. The sender will be notified that you are declining to sign.
- When you click on the first Sign or Initial tag in the document, you are asked to adopt your signature.
- Note: If you have previously signed documents via DocuSign and have established a DocuSign account, you may not see the Adopt Your Signature window and will use your previously adopted signature style.
To Adopt Your Signature:
- Choose whether you want to select a preformatted signature style or to draw your signature. On a touch-enabled device the default is to draw your signature.
- If you chose to use a preformatted style, you can click Change Style to view a signature style.
- If you choose to draw your signature, click Draw. Then, in the blocks provided draw your signature and initials using a mouse, or for a touch-screen, use your finger or stylus. If you make a mistake, click Clear to reset the block. You can return to the preformatted signature styles by clicking Select Style.
- Click Adopt and Sign to adopt and save your signature information and return to the document.
Step 5- Finish
After you have completed adding information to all the required tags, you can review the content of the document page by page.
After you are done reviewing the document, click the Finish button.
You have successfully signed your document. At this point, you have the opportunity to download and/or print an in-process copy by clicking the icons on the screen. You may also Log In to view the document or simply click No Thanks to exit.
Once all parties have signed the document, including other related parties and FNBB representatives, you will be notified via email. At that point you will have an opportunity to view, download and print the completed document.